2017年1月18日水曜日

Sounds insane? maybe.

I have been around over 40 countries but it was coming to Washington DC that made me start a blog.
I was walking to my internship at Wildlife Conservation Society, listening to Brene Brown's TED talk "The power of vulnerability". And I want to start a blog to share how vulnerable I am to show how powerful I am.

Sounds insane? maybe.

I am very emotional. My best friends used make fun of how much I cry. At the same time most of my friends will describe me as one of the strongest and most independent lady. (I did not dare use the word woman)

So the blog will be full of contradictions but who is not full of them. I actually think the more contradictions we embrace, the more interesting we are.

So here is how I got here. I used to be very bad at losing or dealing with situations when things do not go the I want. Well, I still am very bad at it. But I got better. I got better at accepting myself as I am. I do not see any failure as a failure, as long as I learn something from it and as long as this lesson becomes a part of a success. People think this makes me a positive person and maybe they are right. What I realized today is that maybe this makes me vulnerable. But you know what? I like it.

I am very ambitious. I know am and I am not ashamed of it. But at the same time, I am not perfect and I am not ashamed of it either. I like myself, who embraces failures as they come. ok, another example of how weird I am.

Oops, maybe I need a word of introduction. I am in Washington DC as a part of University of California Washington program, interning in International Law Institute as a Program Administrator Intern and in Wildlife Conservation Society as a Federal Legislative Intern.

But I am in UC Davis only for a year as an exchange student. Officially, I am a student of Sciences Po Paris and I will tell you, that it is the best school in the world. Harvard? Oxford? No, no, no, Sciences Po is the best. And it is not Patriotism that is speaking, since I am not French. I am Japanese, I am Russian and I am also a citizen of the world. Confused who I am? Good. I will not reveal my super duper unique background in the first post.

P.S. If you want to listen to a TED talk about vulnerability by Brown, I would rather recommend the one called 'Listening to Shame'. Ok, time to research about World Bank.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿